Cape Town – Director of SA Rugby, Rassie Erasmus, has returned to work after his two-month ban from all rugby-related activities came to an end.
Erasmus was suspended last year after the World Rugby found him guilty on six chargers of misconduct relating to his 62-minute video on social media that went viral in which he lambasted match officials following the first Test between the Springboks and British & Irish Lions.
His three daughters couldn’t have been more happier for their father to return to work.
On his Twitter account on Sunday, Rassie shared a cute video of his daughters thanking the governing body for making the ban only two months.
They also thanked South Africans for their loyal support towards their dad.
“We just want to say thank you so much for only making it two months. Honestly, thank you so much because we are so tired of having him being at home.
My daughters seem to be more happier than me to go back to work!! On a serious note!! The last part of their chat I fully agree with 🇿🇦 pic.twitter.com/QgwI7HTgGI
— Rassie Erasmus (@RassieRugby) January 16, 2022
“…We have received enough life lessons and advice about everything. So I think it’s enough and I think it’s time for him to go back. We are grateful the day has arrived for him to go back to work tomorrow,” Rassie’s daughters said.
SA Rugby Mag reported that although Erasmus’ suspension expired this week, he will only be able to get involved with matchday activities again in October, later this year.
One of Rassie’s major tasks would be “in planning for South Africa’s success beyond the 2023 World Cup in France”, said the report.
Picture: Getty Images
Compiled by Odwa Shumi