Kwazulu-Natal – A house in Cornubia, KwaZulu-Natal (KZN) was extensively damaged in a fire that took place on Friday night, with a candle suspected to have caused the blaze.
According to Reaction Unit South Africa (RUSA), RUSA and the Ethekwini Fire Department attended the scene, trying to put the blaze out.
RUSA reported that residents said a child lit a candle that started the fire.
“According to residents, a minor child (age unconfirmed) was alone in the house during load shedding. The child allegedly lit a candle which is suspected to have started the fire,” RUSA said in a statement.
“The minor was heard screaming for assistance. Upon investigation, residents discovered smoke billowing out of the house. They removed the child and contacted authorities.”
No injuries were reported.
Picture: Facebook/ Reaction Unit South Africa
Compiled by Junaid Benjamin