Cape Town – Media personality Minnie Dlamini and her estranged husband Quinton Jones have responded to social media allegations that the reason for their divorce was infidelity.
This came after Minnie trended on Twitter this week following claims by a social media user that Minnie had had an affair with businessman Edwin Sodi which led ultimately to their divorce.
Rumour has it Edwin Sodi and Minnie Dlamini kept their spark alight whilst Dlamini-Jones was married. It is also said, that his private jet was put to good use entertaining Minnie Dlamini and her friends. pic.twitter.com/uzNoAOk83X
— Musa Khawula (@MusaKhawula) May 10, 2022
But in a statement on Wednesday, Minnie and Quinton rubbished the allegations as “false” and “baseless”
“We have been made aware of various allegations regarding our divorce circulating on social media since yesterday. Without saying much more, all the allegations made are false, damaging, and malicious,” read the joint statement.
Official Statement pic.twitter.com/vWyyON8Vxa
— Minnie Dlamini (@MinnieDlamini) May 11, 2022
“Fabrications of such a damaging manner are both unnecessary and hurtful, in a matter that is already sensitive to us.
“Our shared priority is to remain friends and co-parent our son. We kindly ask that you allow us to go through our private processes, without dragging ourselves, our families, and our loved ones into baseless rumours and social media sensationalism.
“These baseless rumours affect not only us, but our child.
“Considering the nature of the allegations made, legal action will be taken against the relevant parties,”
Earlier reports indicated that Quinton had decided to withdraw from their joint business venture, Beautiful Day Production, as divorce proceedings continue.
According to Sunday World, Beautiful Day Production was a company that produced television shows, among others.
The report quoted a source as saying that Quinton owned a 25% stake in the company, while Minnie owned the remaining 75%.
Minnie and Quinton announced earlier this year in a joint statement that they had filed for divorce after being married for two years.
“In the last 2 years, our family has experienced incredible joy and devastating loss. During this time, we found comfort in knowing we had each other. Despite the end of our marriage and romantic relationship, we remain friends, business partners and loving parents to our beautiful son,” read the statement.
Picture: Twitter/ @girl_kaybee
Compiled by Mihlali Vellem