Cape Town – Businessman Jaco Swart, who was convicted of assault with intent to inflict grievous bodily harm against his wife, Nicoleen, claims he was attacked by a group of men in Gauteng last week.
Swart was sentenced to a R20 000 fine and a suspended three-year prison sentence earlier this month after videos of the merciless attack on his wife, circulated on social media.
According to New24, the convicted-wife beater sent his lawyer, Enoch Nethanani, a voice note detailing the assault that took place on Thursday in Pretoria.
Swart allegedly told Nethanani that a group of men allegedly told him they wanted to break his hands, and assaulted him before placing him in the boot of a car.
“I think they hit me over the head, and they loaded me into a car, and I was in a boot for some time. They took me out and kicked me. I remember them saying they are going to break my hands or cut off my hands because I hit women,
“I didn’t know where I was, and then they opened the boot and threw me out, so I don’t know how they got to me,” the report quoted the voice note from Swart.
Nethanani said he feared for his client’s life and no case has been opened as Swart has lost faith in the police.
A violent video of Swart mercilessly attacking his wife circulated on social media showing him slapping, punching and kicking his wife.
He pleaded guilty to the two charges of assault with intent to cause grievous bodily harm to his wife and was sentenced at the Pretoria North Regional Court.
Reports indicated that Swart allegedly assaulted another woman days before his conviction.
He allegedly knelt on the shoulders of his former girlfriend and tried to suffocate her and a case was opened by a Stellenbosch woman.
Compiled by Olwethu Mpeshe