Cape Town – Police in Limpopo have arrested a 43-year-old man accused of repeatedly sexually assaulting his teenage stepdaughter, following an investigation triggered by a report from a family member.
According to provincial police spokesperson Colonel Malesela Ledwaba, the alleged incidents took place in the Steiloop Gilead policing area between late December 2025 and the end of January 2026. The victim, aged 15, reportedly disclosed the abuse to her mother earlier this month.
“It is alleged that the victim’s mother was scared to report her husband to the police,” Ledwaba said, adding that the matter was only brought to authorities’ attention after another relative intervened.
Police confirmed that a sexual assault case was opened immediately after the complaint was received, and detectives launched a tracing operation to locate the suspect.
“The suspect was traced and arrested at his residence in the Rebone RDP Section 2 area in the early hours of Saturday,” Ledwaba said.
#sapsLIM A 43-year-old man was arrested in the early hours of Saturday, 14/02, following a report of rape of a 15-years-old girl in Steiloop Gilead police precinct.
On Wednesday, 12/02, the victim informed her mother that her stepfather raped her several times since 27 December… pic.twitter.com/FU0PCcRtvo
— SA Police Service 🇿🇦 (@SAPoliceService) February 14, 2026
Authorities stated that the man was taken into custody without incident and remains detained. He is expected to appear before the Gilead Periodical Court, where he will face charges related to sexual assault.
Police further indicated that investigations are ongoing and that additional charges may be considered depending on the outcome of the probe. Officers are also working to ensure the victim receives the necessary medical care and psychosocial support.
Limpopo police have urged communities to report sexual offences promptly, emphasising that delays can place victims at further risk and hinder the collection of evidence.
“Anyone with information that can assist investigations into sexual offences is encouraged to come forward,” Ledwaba said.
The case has been postponed pending further investigation.

